In today’s world, most consumers don’t have the time to research products before they buy them. Consumers have a short attention span, and your packaging is the first thing a customer sees when they find your product, make sure that it’s impressionable. Here are six ways to strengthen your brand through packaging.
Do Your Research
- Learn more about your target audience’s wants, needs, and desires. Understanding them psychologically will help you tailor your packaging to get their attention.
- A market analysis can be the best tool for this. Using the data you retrieved (age, sex, ethnicity, location), you can then choose the correct colors, fonts and design styles to use to gain the attention of your audience.
- In today’s overcrowded market, buyers are overwhelmed, so you need to keep it simple. Consumers are drawn to designs that are calming but also to the point. Busy designs may lead customers to seek something simpler.
Stick Out – In a Good Way
- In reality, brands have about seven seconds to make a good impression on a potential buyer. Today’s consumers are drawn to packaging that evokes emotion by intermixing strategic colors, shapes, designs, and fonts to create packaging that catches everyone’s eye.
Create a Unique Experience
- Your packaging could set you apart from the competition. Consumers want to feel excited about the products that they purchase. Create little extras that make your customers feel extra special, such as tissue paper, handwritten notes, samples, etc
- The biggest modern marketing trend is transparency. Be real and let your customers know what you stand for. Being transparent allows your customers to trust your brand. One small thing you can do is big. Stop using stock photos. Buyers want brands that use their images, not photos you can find on the internet.
- The easiest way to lose a potential customer is to scare them off. Packaging with too much verbiage will leave consumers running, so try not to put more than seven pieces of information on your packaging. Simplicity is the best policy.
Pair our Assessment + Analytics Service with our Asset Creation Service to strengthen your brand. Contact us now so we can start creating your packaging!