You’ve just created your first blog on WordPress. You have a perfect niche in mind, and your page is aesthetically pleasing. Now how do you make sure that your blog will succeed? Below are 5 tips to ensure that your first blog on WordPress is a sure success!
Find out what sparks your audience’s interest
- Research topics that your audience finds interest in – become an expert
- Look at blogs within your niche and find out what type of content is most popular within your audience
- Figure out which influencers do well with your audience, review their pages for inspiration
Draft Your First Blog Post
- Now that you’ve done your research, it’s time to share your expertise. Write content that is useful, unique and easy to read. The highest performing blog posts incorporate lists, bulleted items and subheadings. These things will break up your content so that it’s easier to read for viewers.
- It’s a process. Don’t expect to have an award-winning blog post after one draft. Write, review, rewrite.
Proofread Your Blog Post
- If you want to be considered an expert in your niche, make sure your grammar is exceptional. There are dozens of free grammar checkers you can use online. All you have to do is copy and paste!
- Want to know how to get your blog noticed? Use SEO. Search engine optimization is the process of integrating keywords into your blog post, so your content can be easily found on search engines like Google.
- Find relevant keywords by utilizing Twitter and Google trends. These sites provide popular keywords that are updated constantly.
Get Their Attention
- Draw in more viewers with images, GIFS and memes. Use high-quality images that relate to your topic. Browse Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for viral content.
Congrats! You followed all of the steps above and published your first blog post on WordPress. Now it’s time to promote your content. Doesn’t sound like something you want to do on a regular basis? Contact Us today to inquire about our content creation services.