LinkedIn – the Facebook of the professional world. Whether it’s for your business or yourself, a stellar profile on this platform is essential for growth. We’ve put together a list of 5 tips for maximizing your Linkedin usage – for both personal and business accounts.
Personal Linkedin Tips
Keep it Current
- Let potential employers know what you’ve been up to. Make sure all of your specialties, projects, etc. are up to date. Be sure to mention your past experience, but keep it simple. However, make sure that the experience listed is relevant to what you’re doing currently.
Business LinkedIn Tips
Use Visual Appeal
- Studies show that Linkedin pages with profile pictures are viewed six times more than profiles that don’t provide an image. The image you upload should be an overall representation of your brand. The best option when choosing a profile picture on Linkedin is to use your company’s logo. Distorted images are not appealing, so make sure your image is sized correctly for Linkedin proportions:
Profile Picture: (300×300)
Describe, Describe, Describe
- Give visitors a chance to get to know you. The more detail, the better. The questions below are essential to include in your “About Us” section.
- Who is your brand
- Who is your target audience
- What’s the purpose of your business?
- What does your company do?
- How do you stand apart from your competitor?
- Want to optimize your “About Us” section on Linkedin? Use keywords. Research your audience, then strategically place keywords within your paragraph.
Be Easy to Find
- Check your account settings. Are you visible to everyone? If not, you need to change that. Make sure everyone is allowed to see you. Although this step is simple, it’s easily forgotten. Changing this setting will allow you to receive more traffic to your profile, which means more opportunities for growth.
- Give an inside look
- How do you reward employees? What do day-to-day operations entail? Giving viewers an inside look at your company makes them feel special. With permission, post pictures of employees completing work-related tasks or company events. Give viewers a good feel for your company.
- Glassdoor reports that 69 percent of job seekers are more likely to apply to a company that makes an active effort to promote its culture online. Viewers want to know what goes on in your office.
- Let customers and future hires know that your company is up to date. Sharing content that your brand has created let’s viewers know that you’re knowledgeable in your field. Provide links to your blog posts that will resonate with your target audience.
Hopefully, from the tips above, you’ve learned what it takes to maximize your Linkedin usage. So, what do you do now? Get to editing!
Want to build a presence on Linkedin? We’ll generate creative, strategic content to spur conversation about your company. Contact Us now to learn more about our social media management services.